PERC has been regularly engaged in aspects of efforts to build and implement a national credit information sharing system in Kenya since 2008. Partnering with a range of stakeholders including the Kenyan Central Bank, Kenyan Bankers Association, Financial Sector Deepening Kenya, and the Kenyan Credit Information Sharing Initiative, PERC has:
- Developed roadmap for implementing credit information sharing system;
- Advised Central Bank Kenya;
- Interviewed and surveyed large range of financial institutions;
- Advised multi-laterals and NGOs with stake in credit reporting implementation;
- Overseen pilot programs for negative only reporting;
- Prescribed policy changes to enable full-file reporting and helped secure industry buy-in; and,
- Measured results of pilot program on full-file reporting for banks and deposit taking MFIs.